Thursday, September 10, 2009

Radioactive Iodine Treatment

Well, I had my radioactive iodine treatment today and boy, was it a day!!! I had to be there at 8:00 this morning and did not leave until 3:45. I thought I would only be there for a couple of hours, but I also had to have a radioactive uptake test done (which took over 4 hours). They made me wear a mask to leave the hospital...it's amazing how many people will stare (makes me feel bad for staring). At this point I am really feeling sorry for myself. I had planned for everyone to be out of the house until Sunday, but was told that I needed to do it until at least Tuesday for the girls. The doctor said that children are still very susceptible to the radiation levels at this point. I also had to send my dogs to my moms house!!! I hope this works like it is supposed to and I don't have to have any more treatments. I already miss my baby girls!!! This is such a pain!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Heather. I'm sorry about this. I'll be crossing my fingers that everything goes well. I'm currently having thyroid issues myself.

    ReplyDelete