Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Frustrated!!!!

Well, I went to the endocrinologist today for what was supposed to be more answers to all of my questions???? The only sure thing that came out of the visit was the confirmation that I did have Graves Disease. He mentioned three options...1) surgery (said it might interfere with my vocal cord) 2) radiation 3) pills (Dr. said this could harm my liver). With every option he gave, he also gave me ALL the bad side effects. I understand there are side effects to everything, but enough already!!! AND...most people with this disease get real skinny. Um...hello?? I think I may be the exception to this rule!!! He even said that I may gain weight once my thyroid is "killed" or removed. WHAT?????? That is just not an option. Anyway, as you can tell, I wasn't very satisfied...Oh, and he couldn't even speak very good English!!!!! I am now going to Dr. Rosenthall at UAB and I'm sure this will be a much better experience. I'm just frustrated at this point and to top it off, I spent 3 hours at the doctor today (a big thanks to my mother for sitting there the whole time with me). I have never had to wait on a doctor for so long. So, not much of an update, but all I have for now.

P.S. Please say a prayer for my cousin and her family. One of her twin babies has been in the hospital for over three weeks now. He is having breathing problems and they cannot get it all regulated. They are being tried in every way...so please keep them in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment